Who is on the other end of the radio when you talk to Approach Control? You are about to find out. Jack Bowers, a recently retired radar controller from the St. Louis TRACON, talks about what to expect when you check in with Approach.
Here’s what to expect:
- How approach controllers take the handoff of your aircraft from enroute control.
- Find out how VFR aircraft are handled when the sky fills up with IFR traffic.
- Learn what you can do to get the best possible service from Approach and Departure control.
- Discover why it’s a good thing to say “Student pilot,” on the radio when you are in training.
- Learn what you really get when you hook up to ATC for fight following.
All this, and more, from a person who is not only a very experienced air traffic controller, but also a current certified flight instructor.