Who is on the other end of the radio when you talk to Approach Control? You are about to find out. Jack Bowers, a recently retired radar controller from the St. Louis TRACON, talks about what to expect when you check in with Approach.
- How approach controllers take the handoff of your aircraft from enroute control.
- Find out how VFR aircraft are handled when the sky fills up with IFR traffic.
- Learn what you can do to get the best possible service from Approach and Departure control.
- Discover why it’s a good thing to say “Student pilot,” on the radio when you are in training.
- Learn what you really get when you hook up to ATC for fight following.
- All this, and more, from a person who is not only a very experienced air traffic controller, but also a current certified flight instructor.
Did this Audio Show Help You?
There’s more. Become an Insider for absolutely free with no obligation, and get:
- More tips, tricks and techniques for talking to ATC.
- Instant free access to the Aircraft Radio Simulator.
- Free downloads to make your flying life easier.
- Members-only forum for pilots and student pilots learning how to talk on the radio.
Go Inside Now!
(This link will take you to the registration page for ATCInsider.com for instant free access to the Aircraft Radio Simulator. ATCinsider.com is an extension of this website. It is also run by yours truly.)